Ecological wastewater treatment
Project: Ecological wastewater treatment
Client: Alphaville Institution
Location: Feira de Santana – BA
Project year: 2013
Execution year: 2013 to 2016
Treatment flow: 1,500 liters per day
Property type: school
Purpose: Treatment of the sewage from lavatories, showers and industrial kitchen to be used for the organic vegetable garden fertirrigation.
- Technically difficult project due to the drought of the location;
- Treatment of the sewage from lavatories and toilets to be used for the local orchard irrigation;
- Project executed as a pedagogical element for the students;
- Transformation of the local microclimate, increasing humidity, fertility and availability of nutrients for food production for the local community;
- Construction of planted filters adapted to the layout of the property.